Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Celtic Thunder Phenomenon

Morning wakenings have been way too early the last few days. With multiple things going on, my mind keeps wandering to the situation of attempting to snatch a couple of tickets and Meet and Greets for the fall Celtic Thunder show in Los Angeles. I've never had a Meet and Greet, and possibly under normal circumstances I'd just be happy with great tickets, but I have this little project I have created and would very much like to have signed by all the CT group.

I've always read poetry, taught poetry, and about 5 years ago after a very special trip to Ireland, my poetry muse suddenly was awakened inside of me and I started writing. When I first became involved with the Celtic Thunder fan group and forum site, I began writing a few pieces of poetry just for fun and entertainment of those other fans who found enjoyment reading the poems. Suddenly I was writing more and more about each of the performers, the creatives, and CT in general.

I'm not sure how it all happened, but I had this idea of doing something more with the poetry, so I put it all together in a little book (Celtic Thunder Inspired Poetry) and published it through my favorite online publisher, lulu.com. I was not interested in earning any profits with this book, but making it available to fans who liked the poetry and would like a different type of souvenir to have signed when meeting the guys. All the profits from the book go to the Celtic Thunder sponsored charity in Africa through the Rotary Club. I made sure to clear this with Sharon Browne, the producer before announcing it in December, 2008.

Sales are okay, but like I said, I'm not in it to make any money for myself. The other day I received a huge surprise. Based on the sales on lulu.com and reviews for the book, it is now listed in the Amazon Marketplace.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Celtic+thunder+Inspired+Poetry&x=8&y=18

To actually preview some of the poetry you need to search lulu.com. I'm a little proprietary about putting the whole book on Amazon where it can be copied. That was not the point of it at all.

I was really shocked to say the least. If you search for Celtic Thunder on Amazon, it's comes up on about page 3 or 4 mixed in with the DVDs and CDs. My biggest hope is that this drives more sales, and makes more money for the charity. My little contribution in this big world. I'd like to think that I've made some worthwhile contribution in my lifetime.

So I'm still hoping to get my own copy of the poetry book signed by each of the guys, Sharon, Zara, and Phil. It might take a while, but I'm hopeful. And I'm hopeful for M&Gs this fall.

Hope being the operative word here. It keeps us focusing on the future.
And while I think of it, please feel free to comment here, on this or any other of my posts! Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment